So you’ve got a great idea for a book that will provide vital tools for living, advance an important cause or promote growth and healing. You may entertain goals about teaching or speaking via an extended platform that your book will build. You’ve spent long hours thinking about what you have to present that’s fresh or different. You’re excited about the contribution you can make.
Now you just need help on the writing part. You may have recognized from the outset that to create a well-organized, professionally written book, you need to work with an experienced and successful book ghostwriter. Or you’ve taken a stab at a first chapter but decided that it’s time for someone to take it over so that you can be assured of producing a clear and engaging book.
I welcome the opportunity to co-create your book with you!
Whether your book falls under the category of self-help, health and healing, religion & spirituality, marriage and family, business and leadership, sports or political and social issues, it probably fits the definition of what I call a purpose-driven book. You’ve got a mission to help create positive change, and you’re committed to making it happen.
I enjoy ghostwriting purpose-driven books because that’s where I got started in book publishing. Many years ago, I had an idea. As a former avid Boston sports fan and sportswriter who had gone on to learn about obsessions and addictions, I wrote the pioneering book Not Now, Honey, I’m Watching the Game: What To Do When Sports Come Between You & Your Mate. It stirred a national dialogue about our sports-watching obsession through media exposure on 20/20, CBS, NPR, Sports Illustrated, Redbook, and the Washington Post.
Several years ago, when I watched the awe-inspiring story of the Miracle on Hudson plane crash and rescue, I had another idea: How did those passengers all survive in the frigid river after Sully Sullenberger’s heroic landing, and how were their lives transformed by this dramatic near-death experience? I became co-author of Brace for Impact: Miracle on the Hudson Survivors Share Their Stories of Near Death and Hope for New Life. And after teaching courses on writing your life story for more than a decade, I wrote the guidebook, Your Life Is a Book – And It’s Time to Write It!
From writing my own purpose-driven books, and ghostwriting or assisting on dozens of others, I know the terrain. I will help you zero in on your compelling message and tap your dynamic voice to make your ideas come alive. I can escort you all the way from clarifying your vision and goals to mapping out your book, executing the writing and launching your book.
As your ghostwriter, I offer more than good writing skills. I also bring to the table my own diverse background and experiences. I’ve learned from prominent teachers and leaders at dynamic educational centers such as the Omega Institute, and I’m a former counselor with a Masters in Spiritual Psychology. Chances are, I won’t be an expert on what you’re writing about – you’re the expert. But my background may provide a stronger sense of understanding and appreciation for your unique contribution to making our world a better place.
As a ghostwriter, editor, or book writing coach, I’ve assisted clients on dozens of exciting projects. Examples include:
• A physician who transformed her own life after drug addiction took her to the brink of suicide teaches others how to recognize and navigate the two phases of addiction recovery.
• A seasoned therapist guides couples on how to tap the power of empathy.
• A retired college president embraces a new mission: launching a pioneering Saturday School program to boost the academic achievements and morale of struggling students.
• A financial adviser reveals the six reasons why we keep making financial decisions that sabotage our success.
• A noted psychologist and speaker guides readers through a compelling new therapeutic model designed to harmonize our thoughts, feelings, and behavior.
• A former entrepreneur opens up his toolkit for how to overcome any life setback or challenge with an undaunted spirit.
• A therapist explores how men hungry for meaning and purpose can find happiness in midlife.
• A spiritual healer shows how messages from our soul and spirit can effectively complement medical treatment for any illness or condition.
• A former CEO of a major advertising firm outlines everything he learned about how to rebuild your life after a traumatic brain injury.