We all have a story to tell. It doesn’t matter how old, or how young, you may be. It doesn’t matter where you live, or where life has taken you. It doesn’t matter whether you have achieved a certain status in the public eye, or if you believe your life has been quite “ordinary.” Someone is waiting to hear your unique life story: who you are, how you’ve lived, what you’ve learned.
Writing our life story is a universal urge. If you are looking for a book ghostwriter to tell your story in a memoir or autobiography, you are hearing that call. Congratulations for taking the first step!
Maybe you seek to capture your life memories in a memoir or autobiography as an enduring gift for your children, grandchildren, or other family and friends. Perhaps you want to help your parent or grandparent capture their life story. Or, instead of chronicling your entire life, your goal may be to focus on one major life experience, such as overcoming a major health crisis or other challenge. If you bounced back from adversity, maybe you can inspire others to do so too. Or maybe your story highlights an experience of serving our country or some other meaningful cause. Something happened that you just have to write about!
You may be choosing to celebrate your marriage with a book that tells the whole story of your love and union. Perhaps you want to chronicle the history and success of your company or organization at a milestone anniversary.
Whatever your life story is about, I will help you tell it in a well-written and engaging memoir or autobiography. As a former journalist, I have a keen listening ear and an eye for the most important stories. As a former counselor, I bring to the table a deep appreciation for the twists and turns, and the challenges and the triumphs of our life journeys.
I’ve helped hundreds of women and men of all ages and backgrounds to write their autobiography through my Writing Your Life Story classes and my guidebook, Your Life Is a Book – And It’s Time To Write It! An A-to-Z Guide to Help Anyone Tell Their Life Story. You can learn more about my book and my memoir ghostwriting services through my companion website for Life Is a Book, which you can find here.
As a ghostwriter and book development coach for memoirs and autobiographies for more than 20 years, I’ve helped to bring to light a rich assortment of life stories. Examples include:
• A retired Air Force general chronicles how he rose up from a family of sharecroppers to manage billion-dollar budgets in Washington.
• In her grief over losing her daughter to drug addiction, a mother turns to Facebook to launch a personal crusade to save other addicts and their families from the suffering she endured.
• The daughter of a World War II fighter pilot shot down over France six days after D-Day uncovers the story of the French farmers who hid him from the Germans and helps her dad reunite with those who saved his life 50 years later.
• A young German soldier in World War II survives two years as a POW held captive by three different countries and fulfills a lifelong dream to come to America and become a doctor, eventually serving as a Colonel in the U.S. Army.
• A high school football star’s dream of an NFL career is shattered by a spinal chord injury, so he adopts a new dream: to get out of his wheelchair and walk his daughter down the aisle on her wedding day.
• Amidst his long search for the “right” job, a man finds humor and life lessons during a stint as a Driver’s Ed instructor.
• After losing her husband, her two young sons, and her mother in a car accident, a woman summons the courage to live and love again.
• A retired physician recounts the story of falling in love with and marrying the woman who sat across the cadaver from him during med school lab.
• Discovering her husband’s World War II love letters prompts a widow to write a tribute to the love of her life.
• A junior college dropout builds a multi-million dollar business and retires at age 39.
• A couple reflects on how they raised three children in dangerous overseas locales while fulfilling foreign-service assignments at the height of the Cold War.
• A career IT professional lives the adventure of a lifetime, prowling the Amazon to uncover secrets coveted by millions of TV fans.